Saturday, September 23, 2017

Fruit market

Produce in Australia is very good but it can be expensive. For my US readers, a kilogram is 2.2 pounds and AU $1 = US 80 cents. 


Since the sun is so strong, most outdoor markets are covered.



Pumpkin. However I was disappointed not to see any Queensland Blue pumpkins.





I wondered why the pigs were there.


And then I understood.



A pile of passionfruit.



Mangoes.



I pay 99 cents for an eggplant at Aldi at home.


The green objects are Custard Apples.


These garlic cloves looked interesting.


Lady finger bananas are an Aussie delicacy.



Rib fillets, my favourite cut of beef in Australia.


Paw-paw, delicious with orange juice. You don't eat the black seeds.


For my sister Clare. 


We went back to the house and I rather enjoyed watching the neighbour's son pushing the mower in the hot sun of midday.


No shrimp but very tasty sausages on the barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment