Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A short stroll in Casablanca

After a long 5.5 hour plane ride from Cairo, I took the train into town and checked into the hotel which was about 200 yards from the station. As usual, I went for a short walk around the neighborhood to get the feel of the place.


My walk from the station to the hotel was through the park on the left.



The street was empty, such a change from Cairo. And it was quiet on a Sunday afternoon.


You could easily mistake Casablanca for a French city and I read somewhere that it was modeled on Marseilles.



Interesting facade.




French style cafes were common.



Casa Voyageurs, the station I arrived at.


So in Morocco I will be doing a 15 days trip and we met at 6 pm to meet each other and our guide. There are 12 of us, just as in India. Intrepid has a maximum of 16 in the group.

Our guide Mustapha took us to a restaurant and I had the best calamari I have had in a long time. The rings were almost 'melt in your mouth' and not chewy at all. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment