Friday, August 23, 2024

National Gallery of Australia

There were plenty of other exhibits at the Gallery so here are some of them. By the way, I apologise for the delay in finishing this blog entry. I had forgotten about it.


This was my favourite painting. It's interesting to read about the artist.


I liked the pattern. 


One of the most popular artists in Australia. More about him here.


I much preferred this museum to the National Gallery Victoria which features a paucity of seating. Standing for long periods is difficult for me so all the seating in this Canberra museum was very welcome. I also enjoy being able to sit down and spend some time looking at an individual work of art.


Close up detail.


Even closer.


There was a small Bauhaus exhibit.



Blue Poles by Jackson Pollack. It has an interesting history.


Detail.


The art gallery ceiling.


Marianne is taken aback.


Detail of a dress.


Another dress.


There is a wonderful collection of Sidney Nolan paintings, one of Australia's most iconic painters. He became particularly famous for his Ned Kelly paintings. Ned was Australia's most famous bushranger who wore a distinctive suit of armour.


Perhaps the most whimsical of Nolan's paintings.

I really enjoyed visiting this museum.






No comments:

Post a Comment