Friday, April 17, 2015

Lycean Way - day 4 - part 2

This is a continuation.





We reached Gey at lunch time and drank tea. This was supposed to be the end of my walk that day but my hosts suggested that I continue to Bel.



Baby in cradle at the cafe, closely watched by the old grand mother.




Very old olive tree.





The walk from Gey to Bel was more difficult and tiring. It was now considerably warmer and I would not like to do this section on a hot summer's day. April is an ideal time and May is probably already too hot.





The tiny village of Bel. My host, Ashley was there to greet me and take me to their pension. The others in my group arranged for a taxi to take them to some other accommodation. It's one of the bitter sweet things about walking for a day or two with another person. You discuss all sorts of things and sometimes very personal stuff because some times they are going through some life change and they are using their time on the walk to think about things. And then you part without knowing how things turned out for them.

Oddly enough, the two English ladies I met back at the Montenegro Hotel in Farayla were in the car with Ashley. He had picked them up and on the way to Ashley's place he delivered them to another hotel where they had arranged to stay. It was nice to see them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment