Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Grange over Sands to Ennerdale Bridge

Ten years ago, I took a train from Manchester to St Bees to commence my Coast to Coast Walk. I am not doing the walk again but we will return to some places that impressed me. One of them is Grange over Sands where the train tracks follow the promenade by the sands.
The sands.

We walked down this path to a bridge over the railway line.

Hollyhocks?

The railway line with the sands in the background.

It was a lovely train ride.

Further north we started to see mountains.

After checking in to the hotel where we are staying the night, we had dinner at this pub where I ate ten years ago.

Most Coast to Coast walkers eat here. When I was here last time, the place was packed.

Portions are not small. We could not eat it all.

But it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment