Thursday, May 25, 2023

Kirkby Stephen to Sleights

We have old friends who live in Sleights which is only a few miles from Robin Hoods Bay.



Our first stop was at Keld where I sat on a bench eleven years ago. I was fascinated by the path heading off which I knew was part of the C2C walk and decided to do it. The next year I was back, hiking pole in hand.

The bench.

Your hero on the bench. Sometimes I wonder if I would do it again if I were fit enough.


Keld is a lovely place.

We continued on to Richmond.

Where I stayed at Danby Wisk.

I was told the pub owner puts on a Basil Fawlty performance these days. He was friendly ten years ago.

Flowers at Danby Wisk.

A lovely pub where we had lunch.

Moors where I walked on the top of the hill.

It was a pleasure to revisit places I walked past ten years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment