Sunday, October 15, 2023

Tsurugi

Just south of Kanazawa is an interesting town called Tsurugi. Since it was a rainy day, I decided to go there instead of the gardens in Kanazawa.

A private railway goes there from Nishi-Kanazawa. This is the little station.


 It's a popular destination for Japanese, especially on a Sunday. By the time we left, the train was pretty full.

Fifteen stops later we arrived and I followed this path into the town.

Now that is a bamboo fence.

Autumn has arrived here.

There were many interesting houses.

I wonder if there is a gardening TV program called Gardening Japan.

These K-cars are popular.

Now this should be my car. The last car we owned in the USA was orange and it was so helpful when I was having severe walking problems. I would come out of a store or mall into a parking lot and I didn't have to look around for my car.

There is a famous shrine up the hill which I planned to climb up to.

Unfortunately, there were no railings so very unsafe for me. So I returned to the station.

A rarity in Japan, a seat. I sat for a while.

Unusual buildings.

It really is a nice little town.

Back at the station, I was pleased to see this snow plow.

The train returned and when it arrived back, it started to rain heavily with lots of thunder. I decided that was enough for the day and returned to Mikawa for a well-deserved nap. On my return, Robin was feeling better and went out for her walk.





No comments:

Post a Comment