Monday, February 19, 2024

Singapore to Istanbul

We left the hotel before 7am while it was still dark outside.

There were no taxis at the stand and Uber said there were few cars available so we took the metro out to the airport.

Since we were flying business class, we were given access to a lounge.

Greenery right beside our seats. The Sri Lankan lounge had more interesting food, but I enjoyed a big plate of fresh fruit that was delicious.

Turkish Airlines menu. I really liked my seat more than the Sri Lankan version but the Turkish attendants were more reserved than the fun loving Sri Lankans.

Champagne and warmed nuts.

Lunch accouterments appeared along with a bread basket.

Note the minaret salt and pepper shakers.

A fake candle provided ambiance.

Delicious soup and a selection of nibbles.

I ordered the beef but it was overcooked. I also had a glass of Turkish red wine which was quite acceptable.

Simple fruit and ice cream from the dessert trolley. My sugar count would not like all the baklava of various kinds.

Real Turkish coffee with very obvious grounds. I am glad I tried it but once is enough. All in all, a good meal, but not as exotic as the Sri Lankan meals.

It was an almost 12-hour flight and these appeared about an hour before we landed. 

I managed to get a few naps along the way, even though it was a daytime flight. I look forward to doing the return flight. Our bodies are too old to handle these long flights in cattle class so forking out the money is the only way we can make a long trip like this doable.

Istanbul Airport is huge and our plane arrived at a gate so far out that we had to walk two kilometers to the exit. Hopefully, we won't have to walk so far today when we fly to Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment