Thursday, July 13, 2023

A dead turtle

When you live by a beach, you expect to see various items wash up on the sand, but I had not expected a turtle.

We could see a hump from our balcony and when I went for the morning walk, it was obvious the hump was a turtle and it was not alive.


It must have been quite old. Those are my thongs ( flip flops) to give you a sense of the size. I subsequently met a neighbour who told me the authorities had been informed and a couple of hours later, it was removed.

On a much happier note, my latest creatine kinase test result was 373 which is less than half of the prior test and not too far from a normal result of 200. Four years ago when I was diagnosed at Johns Hopkins, my level was 8600. 

You can imagine how pleased I felt and to celebrate I walked all the way to the Jetty. I think the improvement is either because of the morning walk and afternoon prance in the pool, or it's eating haggis and drinking Scotch while in Scotland. Probably both.

Tomorrow, we fly to Melbourne where we will do a house exchange for eleven days.


No comments:

Post a Comment