Friday, October 13, 2023

Hakodate morning

The hotel reviews said the breakfast was fabulous so we decided to have it both mornings.

It truly is wonderful but I only took one photo, and that is of this bowl of fruit. Fruit in Japan is of very high quality, but it's expensive and doesn't appear to be a significant part of the Japanese diet. I was feeling fruit-deprived and this is what I ate first. I later went back for an extra bowl full.


Morning view from our hotel window.

The market is on the other side of the parking lot.

Suddenly a ship appeared.

We walked to the market.

I have no idea what this stuff is.

Live king crabs are plentiful.

Smaller crabs.

Plenty of visitors.

There is a covered market as well.

3000 = $A 30 which is a lot for a bunch of grapes.

A little old lady with her stall.

I wonder how anybody makes money because there are so many stalls selling the same stuff.

Robin tells me that this place sells the best hamburger in Hakodate. We might go there for dinner.

I am taking a rest day. I find with my illness that I need a day each week where I do very little exercise.




No comments:

Post a Comment