Monday, June 9, 2014

Pinang Peranakan Mansion

The gates were open to the Mansion so I decided to check it out. 



I paid about $6 as an entrance fee and was greeted by one of the most ornate interiors I have ever seen.



If you want to see more detail, click on the picture to make it larger.








The house belongs to an era without air-conditioning so there were plenty of fans.


Games table.





Tiled floor. 




















Before going upstairs you had to take off your shoes.


The floors were wooden upstairs.





Imelda Marcos got her inspiration here. There were cases and cases of ladies shoes.





I thought this was a nifty idea. A different gong for which ever servant you wanted to appear.


I suspect this was not as comfortable as it looked.





Three sewing machines used to create the dresses.


This small one is from the 19th century.




There were cases and cases of glass ware.




The red curtains used throughout the mansion were very striking. 



View out a side window.


Old TV set.


When I eventually get to Sydney, I will find it very interesting to go though all the blogs of the trip viewing them on a big screen of Marianne's laptop. I edit my photos on a small Dell netbook so I am sometimes just hoping that the big screen version will show a lot more than the small version I have seen. This is one of the blogs that I will be anxious to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment