Friday, March 9, 2018

Algeciras to Malaga

It was raining when I woke up and still wet when it was time to go to the bus station again. I took a taxi for about 4 euro. Buying a ticket to Malaga was easy and cost about 14 euro. At the appointed time, the bus rolled in and quite a lot of passengers boarded. I managed to get a good seat by a big window.



The bus window causes the odd tint to the photos. The bus was not a local bus so it headed out of Algeciras quite quickly past the dock area.


We were soon driving along a toll-way through very green countryside. It rained every now and then.


Periodically you would see some Mediterranean Sea resort off in the distance. 


Occasionally we would drive into a town to drop off or pick up passengers. This is Estapona which is supposed to have over 325 days of sunshine each year. This was not one of those days.



I think this establishment has a small bull-ring.


Probably the Torremolinas Bullring. Here is an article about bullfighting, but I have no intention of ever going to watch.


Torremolinas is a very famous beach resort on the Costa del Sol. I can imagine how disappointed a tourist from cold England would feel arriving to weather like this.



Eventually we arrived at the outskirts of Malaga. The bus was now quite full. The journey took a bit less than two hours and was quite comfortable.


I checked into my undistinguished hotel across from the train station and went for a brief walk. It didn't look very interesting.



However I went back to the hotel, had a nap and started to read more about Malaga. Then I went out again and my opinion of Malaga changed.



No comments:

Post a Comment