Saturday, March 10, 2018

Caminito del Rey - breathing a sigh of relief

It merely remained to go back to El Chorro station and return to Malaga.


It was wonderful to be on solid ground again.


However, there is a bit of a climb to do.



You look back at that thin line crossing the rock face and you think, I was there.


More about the gorge.


Interesting establishment across the river.


Looking back at the bridge.



Another rail bridge.



Photos of the bridges being built. It must have been a stupendous effort.



More gum trees.




The lake behind the dam which I had crossed in the bus earlier in the day.



Hydro power. Notice the tower on top of the mountain behind.



The house. It must have a stupendous view but how do you get up there?


A welcome beer.


I had over an hour to wait for the 15:13 train which arrived about 15 minutes late. There were a few drops of rain but nothing heavy. You need to check the forecast before you go because they close the walk if the weather is bad. I was lucky with both Gibraltar and this walk.


Not my train, but one just like it.

So if you visit Malaga, consider doing this walk. I saw ladies older than I am doing it so you can do it too. Just keep plodding along.


I recorded the walk. The bus ride is on the western side heading north. The walk is on the eastern side heading south.


Another version from Viewranger.


No comments:

Post a Comment