Saturday, March 3, 2018

Essaouira - another stroll


The wind was still strong the next morning but the sky was blue. I decided to take a look at the beach and also walk around the old city walls.


The tide was well out but it must have been quite high during the night with the wind pushing the water onto the beach. 


The waves were a chunderous brown. In Aussie slang, to chunder is to vomit. At least  I got to touch the Atlantic Ocean in Africa.


I could only imagine this beach covered with sun-bathers in summer.


Note the trees bending in the wind.


There are still some nice houses across the street from the beach.




I did not linger at the beach and walked back to the old town and its wall.


I suspect you have had enough of narrow lane photos so you only get one. However I wandered all over the place down lanes like this. Fortunately I was not hassled very much by hawkers.


For the most part, the city is quite clean. I suspect the wind just blew every piece of paper into this corner.


To the right is the ocean.


Beautiful entrance.

Just before lunch I came across Jim and Shelley who suggested it was time for a beer and some lunch and I thought that was a good idea. A few hours later we wandered back to the hotel to meet the rest of the group. Our bus to Marrakech would leave at 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment