Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Day 3 - Risoyhamn to Sortland

We headed south from Risoyhamn towards Sortland.



'Take some more of that fabulous scenery', he cried.


Just outside Sortland is a road bridge that crosses the fjord. The two tour buses holding the ship passengers who took the excursion wait until the ship arrives.


The ship blows its horn and we are all supposed to wave. One of the blokes who sits at our table for dinner took the tour so we will hear about it tonight.



We approached Sortland which has a population of about 10,000.



We docked and I took a short walk along the dock.



It was interesting to see what was transported by ship.




Behind the Lofoten was a huge rescue ship. I reckon it must have very powerful engines and you can see more details about it here.


I had a few minutes to explore. The church is supposed to be interesting but there would have been no time to see it.


I came across a small graveyard.



A hut with a turf roof.



The main shopping area was mostly deserted.




I have not been able to find out anything about him.


A car made an appearance.



I can't say it was too inspiring of a town. No doubt I missed the good bits.



No comments:

Post a Comment