Thursday, April 2, 2015

Istanbul Grand Bazaar

You hear about certain places in the world and sometimes you are underwhelmed when you see them. Not the case for this Bazaar.


One of the entrances.



It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be.




I liked the blue.




The shop owners stand outside their shop unless they have a customer. Often they drink tea brought round by waiters with these swinging trays.






So many shops are selling the same stuff. I wonder how they make a living.

Sorry about the slant. I take these pictures surreptitiously and it's too much of a pain to edit them on my tablet.















I wasn't hassled much and I just keep walking. It really is a dazzling place that has to be the size of two football fields.

There is another market for spices that I will visit at the end of my trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment